Sunday, August 21, 2005

Last day...














Wow. I'm pretty much ready. Didn't do everything I wanted (for example, I didn't buy any books to help me learn Chinese), but most of it. I'll be okay.

Here's a picture of us from last night. That's me on the left, then Nik (white hat), Rachel (pink shirt) and Cheryl (white shirt). Aren't we just a beautiful bunch of people?

What did I do today? I was really tired... I woke up early and went to my half-sister's ex-husband's house for breakfast - delicious crepes! The reason was to see all my half-nieces and nephews since it's not often they're all in town (there's four of them and they're all in their twenties). One half-nephew (the youngest) didn't make it. He coordinates events at night clubs and sleeps during the day. It was lots of fun to see everyone, though, and other friends were invited, and the crepes were super!

Then it was off to see Pierre - take the sky train one last time. We went for Japanese for lunch. He gave me my new digital camera and set up the software to transfer the pictures and everything. Showed me how to do all that technology stuff. Hopefully it all works out once I'm on my own in Beijing...

This evening I went out to dinner with my mother and brother at a restaurant we always go to and where we have a nice view of trees and greenery. Yay for greenery.

And that's about it. Nothing too dramatic or special. I'm really tired. Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement and support. It helps. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home