Friday, August 19, 2005

Only two full days left...

Yikes, I'm getting nervous.

This morning I went to the Yaletown Blenz to meet an old friend of mine, whom I haven't seen in a really long time (trips across the globe make everyone suddenly feel a need to see everyone), but with whom I always enjoy getting together. We sat outside and I enjoyed an Americano while he sipped tea and wolfed down a sausage roll ("semblance of a meal"). We are talking about James, here, the one who works in a comic store. For the next two years, starting in September, you'll most likely find him at Douglas College (New Westminster) following professional writing studies. This is to help him with his comics and become an incredible, innovative, modern, super cool writer. I wish him lots of luck (and determination to finish his school). James has a live journal, and if he obliges, I'll post a link to it on this blog, so that you too, can meet this fine specimen of a gentleman. Please say "yes!" James!

After briefly checking out his comic store, I speed-walked down Robson to Denman, where I was to meet up with Jessie for ramen, but we would've had to wait for 20 minutes and Jessie was in a rush, so off we went to pretty much the next nearest restaurant: Vina Vietnamese. We sat outside in the sun and she had a veggie crepe and I had some weird stuff, and neither of us were very satisfied or thrilled with our orders. I don't think I'll ever go there again.

Jessie is writing an article on Vancouver for the National Geographic Traveler magazine. She had an interview with David Suzuki this afternoon. If you have any tips or suggestions for her, please feel free to use this blog as a medium for knowledge transferral. Her article sounds awfully exciting and I'm so happy for her. Let's all cross our fingers she gets her American visa renewed in the fall so she can go back and work in Washington!

Once I saw Jessie off, it was a hectic afternoon of shopping down Robson. I bought Puma shoes and a Jacob skirt and Gap jeans and American Eagle tops - everything was on sale. This evening will be relaxing - I plan to start packing clothes and find my UBC medical insurance number and look for a transcript of my grades from my year in Paris for the UBC Education department (very annoying).

Oh yes, and I cancelled my gym membership! But it'll start up again next August, which is good, because right now it's only $20/month, which is an awesome deal. This'll force me to come back next year!

Congratulations to Pierre for getting a new and improved job...out in Surrey! Sucks it's so far away. He might not take it. Still working for the RCMP as a computer technician. A big thanks goes out to him for helping me get a new camera: the Nikon 7600. Looks nifty! This is the camera I'll be using to take pictures in China and sending them all back to you guys!

Josh just called and told me his friend Sean (we like to call him "WXY" for "Wang Xin Yu") will be in Beijing until the 26th of August! This is great news for me because I've shown Sean around here for the past couple of times he's been in town (in the winter), and he's from Beijing (born and raised!) so he'll be able to show me around at least for the first few days. I'm relieved! Then he's going back to engineering at his university in Halifax (which he doesn't enjoy).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you absolutely can't have the link to my blog.

(And no, it's not the link that says "jnadiger" or anything, no.)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home