Sunday, August 28, 2005

busy

Sorry I haven't been keeping up my blog. Friday the computer wasn't working (just too damn slow!) and Saturday I was out for most of the day.

I saw my cousin from France who's actually lived in Beijing 8 years (not 10) and who's called Veronique. She came to visit me Friday evening and we went to eat dinner in a nearby restaurant. It's so nice having somebody who speaks Chinese to order the food. It was also very nice seeing my cousin!

OK, this computer is screwing up again [Sep 13th: I meant the font was screwing up]!

ARGH!

I try writing this in Microsoft Word and even then the font goes all screwy.

Sigh. This is more work than I thought.

I'm tired and I still need to go shopping for stuff and I start work tomorrow. I better go.

I had a wonderful week-end. I spent lots of time with Veronique. I saw Tiananmen Square at night with the kite flying and Mao's giant picture and everything. Very nice. And we went to a traditional tea house where I watched some very cool shows - singing, dancing, acrobatics, comedians, everything!

Maybe you can change the font, wonderful editor of mine! :P Lots of work.

Alright you guys, wish me luck because tomorrow I start school!


*****

September 13th update: I hardly slept at Veronique's because I was too hot and simply too uncomfortable. It was unfortunate. And then the next day she gave me the keys to her building and apartment so that I could go walk around freely, but I ended up not being able to make the keys work and so I stayed in her apartment. It's too bad because she lives near Beida - Beijing University - which is a very cool area. The neighbourhood is called Wakoudo (or something similar) and it's well known to be the young, hip clubbing area. I went there last Friday night. It's where there was a club that gave free drinks between midnight and 2 AM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home