Monday, September 11, 2006

:-P

A friend of Min Ji's rang the doorbell this morning and I rushed to get it. I was barefoot and the cleaning lady had just passed the mop on the floor and I fell...hard...argh! It was bound to happen. I just hope I've learned my lesson and it doesn't happen again. I hate falling on my back on a marble-like floor.

Saturday night I went out in the Wudaokou area with Nur, a friend from Turkey, and some of the Japanese guys on my floor, and my former student, Yang Yang. Wudaokou is where Beida (Beijing University) and Tsinghua (AKA Qinghua) universities are; they are the two biggest universities in Beijing and there are a lot of foreigners who go there to learn Chinese. So the area is swamped with foreigners, which means a lot of Koreans. We went to a club I've never been to before, and it was a bit of an adventure trying to find it. The good thing about having gotten there so early was that we got seats. The music was African R&B and reggae - loved it! And rum & cokes were $1.50 Cdn (10 yuan) each.
Meng Jiu Sheng, me, Shao Long, and Yang Yang.
Yosuke and Nur, from Turkey.
Yosuke and Meng Jiu Sheng. I really like this picture. Although MJS was pretty drunk when he took it, the framing is perfect and the green light on top adds interest.
And this was when we went back to the club because I had forgotten my camera and we found it again and were so happy... I had put my camera by the DJ's music and when we left for Beishida I forgot it. We were in the parking lot of Beishida when MJS was like, "Where's your camera?" and the three of us took another taxi back to the club to get it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello,sulin, i am really surprised that i can see your blog on this web, it is amazing. many familiar people.
wish you happy this new semester in china.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home