Sunday, September 10, 2006

Continuing On...

I was walking along a Beijing street (shopping with Ming Ji) when this ad caught my eye - what Chinese company would use a Hollywood movie about a man who has 12 children as its subject? Look closely...but of course! A sterility hospital!
Beijing is making efforts to become "green" - as can be seen from this newly-installed green space (not yet open to the public). The waterfall looks a bit too man-made for my taste, but it's a nice gesture. The whole riverbed should look quite nice when completed.
The four-storey cafeteria right across the way from our dorm. That's right, four storeys. And yet it's still packed during peak hours - one of the things I hold against the system here: you can only eat at certain times, which doesn't help the over-crowdedness problem since everybody's forced to eat at the same time.
The view of my dorm from the steps of the cafeteria.
The entrance of our room...only two pairs are mine.
Our bathroom is directly to the left when you come in. There's hardly ever a separate shower in China; it's just part of the rest of the room.
Our room!!! I sleep on the farther bed (not near the wall), and I have the desk by the window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home