Sunday, September 03, 2006

BACK IN CHINA!!!

So I'm back in China and I must say I'm enjoying it as much as ever. I'm living with a Korean roommate in a student residence on campus. I haven't had a roommate in five years and it's going pretty well so far (I arrived Tuesday night and it's now Sunday). We speak in Chinese because although she understands some English, she can't speak it.

We live on the seventh floor and there's a group of 21 Japanese foreign exchange students who arrived in July and are leaving September 16th (my Chinese classes start September 18th), who dominate our floor. They're friendly and I spent all of my Saturday with a group of them. We went to Yueheyuan, the new Summer Palace, which I've been to three times already, but it's so unbelievably huge that there's always something new to see. It's different every time.

The group. From left to right, starting with the back row: Kenji, Yosuke, Meng Jiu Sheng (Chinese name), Shao Long (in white beside me), and two Chinese women who are Yosuke's friends (I don't know how they know each other) who came along. The one in stripes is studying politics at BeiShiDa (my university).
Near the end of our visit we found a type of "sanctuary" that I find really beautiful. It's quiet and peaceful.
Yosuke and I.
Meng Jiu Sheng with his dictionary, which he carries around with him everywhere and takes out at every opportunity (it can be just a tad annoying at times...) and the two Chinese women resting. I love those pretty walkways!!!
Yosuke admiring the view...
Shao Long being a top model in a Chinese setting.
We took two boats and set off around the huge lake in the centre of the park for an hour. I wasn't able to paddle because I was wearing a dress and everytime I paddled I'm sure everyone could see everything under my dress...so I didn't paddle at all, lazy bum!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great ,you are in Beijing and tout pres de moi!!

congratulations for your new roomie tres gentille.

It's getting colder and colder in beijing,prends soin de toi!!

Btw,je vois toujours aucune photo...il y a bcp de croix rouge ...

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home