Monday, August 07, 2006

Love

So I've spent some wonderful days in Vancouver. Extremely relaxing.

Friday I went to watch an American football game. I had never had this opportunity before! The last time I was at BC Place was maybe for a concert of some sort during high school... It was crazy big and not very intense and I was more interesting in players' bums than the actual playing...but I did manage to get the gist of the game by the end of the 3 hours!!!

It was an evening of firsts, because then it was off to the Blarney Stone in Gastown, where I had never been before. It was interesting because the live band was all over 50 (and there was even a violinist who was celebrating his - what was it? - 76th birthday?), playing good ol' Irish music and some Beatles, but the crowd tended to be young-ish - all early twenties. The ambiance was awesome, the dancing was great and very exhausting.

And Saturday could be summed up by the evening of fireworks. Mexico won, but totally didn't deserve to. China (last Saturday) was best! I don't know what the judges were thinking and I don't know if it's possible to protest or something.

I didn't do anything for Pride Week. Every year I say I'll go to see the parade in the West End and I don't. Oh well.

I was checking out an old website I used to visit when I was following an Earth and Oceans Science course at UBC, called the New Scientist (linked by my EOSC website). Not sure exactly how reliable it is, but it's got some funny articles on love! From May 2003, I like the headline:

Handsome men have the best sperm
Good looking guys have faster, healthier sperm than men rated less attractive by women, reveals a new study.

And have you ever heard of the "rickety bridge" theory? Very funny:

It's all because of a strong connection between anxiety, arousal and attraction. In the "shaky bridge study" carried out by psychologists Arthur Aron and Don Dutton in the 1970s, men who met a woman on a high, rickety bridge found the encounter sexier and more romantic than those who met her on a low, stable one.

So go to Capilano bridge immediately and meet the partner of your dreams! ;-)

And the "Love Chemistry Graphic" is very entertaining. Some good Sunday afternoon reading...

***Thanks to Cheryl (my website editor) for the change in title and the profile update!***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home