Monday, July 24, 2006

Thinking about other places

What do I miss about Beijing?

The cheap prices. That's about what it all comes down to. I think of the food, and what I mostly liked about the food was the very very cheap price; the convenience of it too - always less than five minutes away.

What do I miss about Paris?

The constant beauty around me. The bread and dairy products (two separate things).

I can't really say I "miss" these things, because I like to view Vancouver as simply "different," not necessarily "better" or "worse." I don't particulary "miss" anything, I just think about how cheap and convenient and beautiful and delicious things can be elsewhere...

My cousin, her husband, and her two children (Leo, 7 1/2 and Nemo, 5), are visiting Vancouver from Paris for two days. Life with them suddenly becomes loud, hectic, and tiring, but the boys are super duper loveable. No pictures. I'm bad with pictures these days. Don't want to think about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Indiafreak said...

Hi! Great blog... I am also willing to discover China. Teaching might be a good opportunity to be involved in the community. My English is not perfect. Do you know if they are also looking for French teachers. If so, is it possible to be hired without previous teaching experience (but perfect french skills)...

Thanks in advance for ur reply (if possible on my blog because writting my email address here would be the best way to attract spams)

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home