Saturday, July 29, 2006

New post!

Well, I've been back in Vancouver a week and it's so good to be home. Since I arrived I've been down to the beach, swum in the ocean, watched a couple ultimate games (fun! fun! fun! threw a frisbee around and got cold...), played some beach volleyball (gotta love it!), eaten Chinese cafe food ;), eaten Japanese food and also Japanese sushi (different!), had dinner on the terrace at the Golf Club (so beautiful! so relaxing!), watched the annual fireworks from my bro's apartment, gone shopping on Robson (bought a pair of runners), watched movies at different locations, had bubble tea!!! (but not at the usual locations), had Starbucks AND Seattle's Best, biked around UBC, walked all over downtown, and...and...and...loved it all!!! This place rocks! Can't get over how wonderful Vancouver is in the summer. The fact that we've been having beautiful Vancouver weather has helped.

Really enjoyed meeting Cheryl's "teams": both the ultimate team (although that's almost over) and the new beach volleyball team. The undersides of my feet are too dry and cracked to play though...spent all Thursday with my feet up, creamed and bandaged..pretty harsh.

I'd like you to notice a new link to my friend Erika's blog, although she doesn't update all that much. She's in Montreal doing some really intelligent masters' program in some really specific science field. She'll never cease to amaze me. Good luck Erika!

And good luck to my friends in Beijing...soon to leave for their respective home countries (most of them leaving July 31st). It's the end of an amazing chapter in the book that we call our life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home