Sunday, July 30, 2006

Clubbing in Vancouver

Well I wanted to wish my friend Nik a very happy birthday. We went clubbing at CELEBRITIES on Davie Street this evening, "the straightest gay club in Vancouver," as many people like to call it. It's a very cool club, I must admit, with hot dancers, but unfortunately I was pretty damn tired and not really into it, I'm sorry Nik!!! So we left early-ish.

Beforehand we watched the fireworks at my brother's apartment. China was hosting and the show was spectacular. I would rate it better than Italy's on Wednesday. So many inventive, original, amazing fireworks!!!

And this afternoon I went to buy shoes that cover my socks. Because of my dying feet (they're badly cracked underneath), I was wearing socks to keep in the ointment and bandages that contoured my feet, and I had nothing else to wear but my sandals. Socks and sandals. What a terrible fashion faux-pas bubble-world was I living in???

I went on Robson street and bought pumas at the very first shoe store I encountered, but not before being teased by the vendor that anything looked better than the socks and sandals I had been wearing, and that I had to buy socks that were all of one colour - not like the ones I was wearing with the rainbow bands covering the tops of my feet (don't ask). Okay, I admit, my fashion sense is not always the best...:P

Friday night I played a game I did not know existed: Kareokee Revolution. Similar to Dance Revolution, but instead of dancing for points, you sing for points - and you must sing on key, of course! And since I have never been able to sing on key...well...I absolutely suck. But I enjoyed myself a lot and I have Jeremy, Chris and Cheryl to thank for that! Thank you guys!

And pictures...maybe I'll post some from my brother's computer. That's an idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home