Tuesday, August 08, 2006

200 Posts!

I think today's or yesterday's post was the 200th! Woo-hoo!

Last night we had some dear old family friends over for dinner. The woman - who's in her sixties - told me, "Let's see, what was I doing at 25? I was married with a child and miserable." I can see myself being married with a child right now. I don't think of it as an impossibility...although for the moment I'm glad I'm not!

***FOOD***

On the topic of food, I forgot to tell you I went to Guu on Robson Street on Saturday and the food blew me away! I was very happy with the egg enveloped in pumpkin (deep-fried) and the truly delicious beef tongue (mmmmm!) and the salmon carpaccio (raw salmon slices). I go there and try food I would never eat otherwise. And it's good to go with just one other person, that way you really get a good taste of everything you order (because it's important to order lots of different dishes!). I find that when I went there with groups of friends I was never able to eat enough of the food to really enjoy it!!!

And last night (Sunday), we enjoyed a wonderful summer dinner at home. Washing the potatoes and cutting up the parsley - things that take me forever to do! - it was all worth the work in the end. Potato salad, hard-boiled eggs, tomato salad, smoked salmon, cold cuts, lots of baguette and cheese...it was delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home