Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ecological Footprint

Hello! I watched an ad for BP energy on TV and went to their "carbon footprint" site and realised that I use up around 4 tonnes of CO2 per year. That's higher than the 2.4 average in China - no duh!

So this reminded me of my "ecological footprint," which I googled and found this footprint calculator. If everybody lived like me (mostly one person in a huge apartment with no green technology) there would have to be 6 earths! Yikes!

For those wanting to learn more, here's MEC's version of the calculator.

It's the week-end! My afternoon adult class went very well. I got them to do group discussions about travel. There were three groups and one decided to go to Thailand, the other to Egypt and Hainan (Chinese island to the south of China that I spent four days on), and the last to the coast of Shandong province.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home