Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wednesday

It's amazing how quickly one gets used to only working three days a week. Wednesdays are my good days. I've got good classes pretty much all the way through. And this week's lesson plan is better than last week's. Yesterday I only failed two people who didn't prepare a good enough dialogue. I ask so little of them and they return even less. Sometimes it's depressing.

I watched an American movie with a famous French actor called Jean Reno yesterday. The movie's called LEON THE PROFESSIONAL. It has a very young Nathalie Portman playing the part of a "Lolita" - a seductive little girl - who wants to revenge the brutal murder of her little brother, her only love. Let's just say she learns to love again.... I liked the movie.

Katia, Loic and I checked out a local gym yesterday. For 500 yuan a month ($80-90 Cdn) we could go to their pool, ping pong rooms, or learn to dance. Their actual gym is very small. Not what we expected and not what we want. It's way too expensive!!!

I prepared my classes for the week and went swimming on Monday - that's what I did. Swimming was nice. It's 20 yuan for two hours (around $3 Cdn), though, which is expensive for China.

What are you up to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home