Sunday, June 11, 2006

World Cup

After a party-night on Friday (dance party at the school and then continuation at a club in Sanlitun - city centre), we weren't up for more than World Cup watching this evening (Saturday). We watched two games - England vs. Paraguay and Sweden vs. Trinidad & Tobago - out of the three that day. Inbetween games we (Katia, Gaetan, Loic and I) taught a Japanese friend (his name's Yas) the masculine and feminine found in the French language, but we taught it to him... in Chinese. So funny!!! Never would we have thought we'd be teaching a Japanese guy the French masculine and feminine (un and une) in Chinese!!!

Last night was a little crazy...it was good to spend a "quiet" evening at Katia's watching soccer. Guillaume is now back in our circle, since he's "with" Katia's roommate now, the Ukrainian called Diana. I'll just remind you folks that Guillaume studied at our university the first semester and now lives on the other side of the city because that's where he's fulfilling his internship. We only see him on week-ends, and for the longest time we hardly even saw him...

Gossip, gossip, gossip!

I spent a lot of time (around a week) figuring out my plane dates for my return this summer. It's settled, I'll be leaving Beijing July 10th at 11:40 AM and arriving in Paris on the same day but around 9 PM. I'll be staying in Paris for ten days, leaving July 20th for Vancouver. I'm so excited because my mother will be in Paris until the 16th - we haven't been in Paris together for ages. I haven't been in Paris period for at least five years, so it'll be nice to visit. Can hardly wait!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

merci pour ta soeur !
:-)
claire

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home