Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Weather

I was warned that spring in Beijing means lots of wind and sand, but I wasn't expecting this much wind and sand. Monday morning I woke up to dust-covered cars and streets - everything was coated in yellowish-brown dust/sand. The streets were deserted - nobody wanted to go out when the pollution levels are this high. My throat is now scratchy. My head hurts. It's not a day for a picnic.

Because I didn't take any pictures myself, good thing MSN was there to show you what I woke up to Monday morning.

And here are pictures from a local news agency to give you a glimpse of what it was like. Beijing's in there.

300,000 tons of sand is certainly a lot for a city sky to handle. I couldn't see any blue sky. Yellow skies are interesting, but a bit worrisome after two days...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because I didn't take any pictures myself, good thing MSN was there...

french television had shoots also : beijing was in the world news for that sand storm.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home