Friday, June 30, 2006

The future

My Chinese teacher. Not the most flattering picture...


Canada in 2020: What will the country look and be like? The CBC along with other big media outlets have decided to organize a big dialogue about the subject of Canada's future, starting July 1st. Should be interesting to follow.

It's been raining the past couple of days, so I've been watching movies. OUT OF AFRICA, JEUX D'ENFANTS (Children's Games), DE BATTRE MON COEUR S'EST ARRETE (The Beat that My Heart Skipped), and BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY. My favourite was OUT OF AFRICA. Besides it, I wasn't particularly taken by any of them. I found fault with all of them. But I enjoy watching movies so it was entertaining.

That's what I did this week. I'm leaving for at least one night - we're going to the countryside with a group of foreign friends. Taking the train this afternoon (Friday) for one or two hours and heading for a big park where we can sleep in rooms and frolick in the stream and lie on some sand and go hiking and all-in-all relax in nature, away from the city. Hooray!

It's a big day for Katia and Gaetan, who are going to send their 50-page research essays in Economy to their French university. It's 12:30 PM (half past noon) and they're still writing...but they'll be done in time (2:30 PM) to leave for the countryside with us! Hip-hip-hooray! This past week has been cram-time for them. They've had since March to write it... So this week-end will be an extra big party week-end for them. For the foreign students who have been studying Chinese, it's the end of exams (last one's today!) so everyone is ready to celebrate.

Take care everybody and...have fun!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home