Monday, June 26, 2006

Chinese food & Boat party

My friend Jun came over one day to make me lunch. Here are the ingredients set out before us...
He asked me to cut some green-onions. It took me forever! He wanted it very fine - very small pieces. It took me maybe half-an-hour or more. Then he finally took over and was able to do it so quickly, so fast! I was quite embarassed...
The end of the meal...it was a little too salty, but it's always nice eating home-cooked Chinese food. :-)
A group of foreign students went to a "boat party" - we got on boats and partied. From L to R: Katia, Yas and Simon. We went to the lake district in Beijing (a chain of lakes in the north-western section of the capital) and rented out boats there. The boats had motors...
Me and a new Japanese friend - Daisuke. He won the university tennis championships. Yay! He received 300 RMB for being first. What's cool about Japanese friends is that you have to speak Chinese with them - good practice!
One of the "other boats" - Branko with his then-girlfriend Anya, who's Cuban and awesome (lots of fun!). Behind the pole is a Quebecker (Matthieu) and to the right is the Australian Leslie, who happens to be Katia's Chinese school classmate.
"Our boat" - rocked!!!
Yas (white hat), Simon, me, Daisuke, and Diana with Daisuke's glasses!!!
Yas, Katia, me and Daisuke. Yay for boat parties!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home