Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Olympics

Congratulations to Canada and the rest of the countries that participated in the 2006 Torino Games.

I really enjoy having 4-day week-ends. I have the time to party hard on Friday, sleep all day Saturday (recovering!), see friends and family on Sunday, and do everything that I have to do on Monday...and feel good about it too!

I went to Tsinghua university and Beijing Languages & Culture University, both in North-Western Beijing. I walked around too much and hurt my feet (I'm still wearing-in the boots I bought in Vancouver). Nobody could give me more information than was on the internet. It wasn't very useful. However, I was able to get a "feel" for the campus. They're much, much bigger than the campus I'm working at now. I get the impression I won't be leaving the campus much since I can buy everything I need on campus - a bit like at UBC but not as modern. :)

I'm tired. Didn't get enough sleep last night. I'll probably nap after class finishes at 4 PM.

It snowed last night. There's been a cold snap recently. It was warmer-ish when I got back from vacation in mid-February, and then it got cold last week, and now it's snowing. The ground is slippery.

People still hoark and spit in the streets; I avoid walking on the gobs of white spit that remain on the ground.

I've discovered real-flowers chrysanthemum tea. My cousin made it for me Sunday night and I bought some for myself and I love drinking it. Pierre's mother used to make me delicious chrysanthemum tea, but I never made the effort to buy it for myself. It's good. And it's fun seeing flowers float in the water. And it hydrates my body seeing as there's no caffeine or milk or sugar or anything in it.

I've got class now. Only two hours left...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home