Monday, January 16, 2006

Vancouver pix

I've been going downtown quite a bit these days. Doing some shopping while in town because I'm used to the shopping here. I'm discovering some stores. It's nice and relaxing.

Well, blogger didn't upload the pictures in the order I wanted, but doesn't really matter. I spent Saturday afternoon with my high school friend, Grace, and she was patient enough to wait for me while I took my pictures of the beautiful light that occurs in Vancouver just before the sun sets. It was the first sunny day in a month - 26 days to be precise.


We went to see Pride & Prejudice at Tinseltown and after the movie we walked up Pender I think it is... I used to work in this neighbourhood so I know it pretty well. Gastown's just down Cambie to the right.
You can see the mountains better in this picture. My mother gasps at how ugly Vancouver is - one of the most beautiful cities in the world but it's true, the architecture is sometimes scarily ugly. The big red building in the background is 322 Water Street.


I was walking down 18th Avenue on my way to Dunbar to catch the bus downtown when I noticed this worker climbing a crane. Although I knew my bus would be coming any minute (I had checked the schedule) I decided to spend two minutes taking a couple pictures. I really like this picture, with the view of downtown Vancouver in the background, but unfortunately I did miss my bus and I was late meeting Grace at the Elbow Room - an all-day breakfast place on Davie.


A picture of the Rockies from the plane. It's 10:27 AM Vancouver time, January 9th.


A picture by Canada Place. I loved the colour of the clouds!
Here I wanted to take the lights reflecting in the water. Ooooh, neat lighting effects.


A view of Vancouver's port. I love those red cranes...so funny-looking!


Wish I hadn't put the date on this one. I had to take a pic of the in-coming tug boat and the orange tanker sailing by in the background and the rocky pier in the foreground - it all works.

I hope you're all doing well in your corners of the world. I had a peaceful day today. Restful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! That's why you were late...:P Thanks for calling beforehand to let me know though. Now that I finally know the address for your blog, I'll be looking through your archives too!
~grace

10:07 AM  
Blogger Geneviève said...

Salut!

Au lieu de préparer un test de maths pour mes élèves, je me suis amusée à enlever la date du coin de ta photo... je n'ai pas ton addresse couriel, alors je l'envoie à ta p'tite maman!

Geneviève

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

merci pour les photos de vancouver !
claire

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home