Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Back in Vancouver

Well, I'm back in Vancouver. Funny thing, yesterday, Monday, January 9th, at 11:10 AM, I was both eating brunch with Yang Yang and Xiao Sheng in the 2nd cafeteria on Erwai's campus in Beijing, as well as in the plane making my way to YVR - Vancouver's airport. I was in two completely different places at the same time :-)

My toilet in my Beijing apartment held out for a record ten days before the chain broke again...

The workers never returned to finish putting in the new furniture in my apartment. I got Xiao Sheng to write me a few "Do not touch! I want this" signs to put on the armchairs and swivel chair that I'd like to keep. Who knows if it'll work...

I was extremely proud of the fact that I was able to converse for a good half-hour with the taxi driver from Erwai to the airport. It was filled with "I don't understands" and of what I pretended to understand it probably wasn't what he was really saying, but nevertheless, whatever I said he was able to understand and I was able to answer quite a few of his questions. It was tiring...but very cool.

Monday morning I was supposed to see one of my big bosses to talk about next semester and the new textbooks I bought for my classes but he didn't show up and he didn't answer his cell phone when I called. Oh well. I got paid for the overtime I did in December. I was happy about that.

It feels good to be home. I slept three hours yesterday afternoon and five hours during the night. I'm going to be tired this afternoon. I think I should go swimming or something to keep me awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home