Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A new week begins...

I literally spent the whole day organising the marks for my students...and I only finished the second years - that's four classes out of nine! But the rest will go quickly I hope.

I woke up at 9 AM and worked until 4 PM without moving from my apartment.

I had a few house calls from friends, I'll admit.

Had Chinese class from 5-7 PM. We learned how to say "welcome."

Teacher (in Chinese of course): Caroline, will you welcome your teacher to Canada?
Me: Of course I'll welcome my teacher to Canada.
T: Loic, will you welcome your teacher to France?
Loic: Of course I'll welcome my teacher to France.
T: Gaetan, will you welcome your teacher to your house?
All of us: burst of laughter.

My teacher's got a crush on Gaetan...but then, every Chinese girl does. Nothing new.

We went to the best jazz club there is in Beijing this evening. It was really awesome music. Mostly without a singer but then there arrived a young Chinese woman who didn't fit my idea of a jazz singer at all, but she sang very very well - she mostly skat (what is the past tense of skat??? Jessie would know...).

Tomorrow I'm going into town to look for a new textbook for my students for next term. Fun! Fun!

Hope you all had super kala fragilistic expee ala docious New Years'!!! All the best!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home