Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Slowest internet connection

I think this must be the slowest internet connection EVER. I suppose all the students in this dorm are sharing the same band... I'm also thinking that's why the uploading of my pictures isn't working. Sucks.

My afternoon class didn't go so well. It's funny, I've got a few students in there who'll do anything for me. There's this one guy who answers and talks all the time (in English), trying to show what a good student he is. Unfortunately, he's always wrong, and he says the most random things. For example, I'll say "How do you invite someone in English?" and he'll say "What time is it?" Or something along those lines. He's a good volunteer though. Anyway, there are those guys, then there are the silent girls who don't say a word and are too shy to look you in the face, and then there are the "cool girls" who are actually quite good at English, and then there are the "cool guys," some of whom can speak well (most likely thanks to private tutoring or trips abroad - these kids are loaded) and some who just don't care.

This evening I had dinner at the cafeteria with the French crew and two Chinese guys, one of whom went with us to visit the Hutong on Sunday. A few of us went to visit my future apartment...looks so good! I really can't wait...man...

Tomorrow, all the foreign teachers have been invited (by the university) to see some authentic Chinese opera (we're going to Tiananmen Square Theatre). On Thursday we've all been invited (by the university) for dinner to celebrate the National Holiday (which starts October 1st).

Tomorrow's my last big day - four hours of classes. Yikes, the pipes are at it again - that noise is killing me! I can't go to sleep! Hopefully in the new place it won't be like this...

How's life where you guys are at?

Don't forget to visit James' sight (on the right) for cool news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home